Friday, June 12, 2009

hejhej!

Currently located at my hostel in Copenhagen, we were forced to retreat back to our hostel so early at 4pm cos of the bad weather. Strong winds traveling at the speed 3x that of yesterday made our umbrellas flip every few steps, it was a struggle just to maintain the grip on our brollies and to walk against the wind. Its seriously like a typhoon man. You see pple along the streets with their umbrellas flipped upside down, inc ours. But most danes are cool. They can go w/o umbrellas and still cycle in the rain. Btw, the majority of the pple here get their way around on bicycles. So its sorta like a bicycle town, its pretty cool. But still, the weather was/is really bad, we couldnt go to many places. Doesnt help that it rains non-stop! argh. even though the air temp is above 10 celsius, I am pretty sure the wind temp isnt! I bet its below 10 celsius la. And cos my shoes were wet from yest's rain, I wore slippers out today, cos they dry way faster than my shoes. The downside is that I look like a totaly fashion disaster with jeans and slippers. Surprisingly my toes didnt feel as cold and frozen as I had expected them to be!
Basically Copenhagen is a nice and beautiful place, but the bad weather the past few days just spoiled it all. Hopefully Amsterdam will be wayyyyyyyyyy better so that I can wear slippers and shorts out!

No comments: